A fragment from a planned, but never realized, project in which Ingmar Bergman, Federico Fellini and Akira Kurosawa were to make an anthology film together, each director contributing one short film. Directed by Suzanne Osten as a radio play. Now with english subtitles!
About the production
The story revolves around Rebecka, a teacher working at an institute for hearing impaired. In this work Bergman displays a clear influence by the political currents of the late 1960's – the plot involves strikes, abuse of power and hedonistic orgies in the wake of the sexual revolution.
Bergman's script, written in 1969, has until now been stored among his notebooks in the archives of The Ingmar Bergman Foundation.
- Suzanne Osten, Director
- Ingmar Bergman, Author
- Magnus Lindman, Dramaturge
- Henrietta Hultén, Producer
- Lena Samuelsson, Sound design
- Anders Niska, Music
- Karin Hagman, Musician
- Jan Waldenmark, Music recording
- Sven Philip, Stage manager
- Frida Österberg, Rebecka
- Johan Holmberg, David
- Maria Sundbom, Gerda Scaub
- Thérèse Brunnander, Pianist
- Hulda Lind Jóhannsdóttir, The friend
- Maria Johansson Josephsson, Bettina Lualdi
- David Arnesen, Valentina and the priest
- Simon Norrthon, Pim
- Inga-Lena Aigner, The new teacher