'Complete respect to the absolute loyalty paid to the poet, when in general directors seem to know more than the author.'George Salmony, Abendzeitung
Reviews and comments
This became Bergman's best reception thus far in Munich, though several reviewers noticed a discrepancy between Bergman the filmmaker who projected his personal self on the screen and Bergman the theatre director who apparently sought a different, less subjective form of expression.
- The Ingmar Bergman Archives.
- Birgitta Steene, Ingmar Bergman: A Reference Guide, (Amsterdam University Press, 2005).
- Christine Buchegger, Hedda Gabler
- Karl-Heinz Pelser, Jörgen Tesman
- Martin Benrath, Eilert Lövborg
- Gaby Dohm, Thea Elvsted
- Kurt Meisel, Assessor Brack
- Annemarie Wernicke, (unknown part)
- Paula Braend, (unknown part)
- Henrik Ibsen, Author
- Reinhard Hempelt , Stage manager
- Ingmar Bergman, Director
- Johannes Kaetzler, Assistant director
- Mago, Designer
- Heidi Scherer, Prompter
- Heiner Gimmler, Translation