The Hangman/ The Golden Chariot
Bergman staged this, his second play, exactly one year after his debut in April 1938 of Outward Bound.
'It's actually a damn shady play.'Ingmar Bergman
About the production
The purpose of this production was to offer serious drama during Silent Week and to present a repertory not offered by the large professional theatres in Stockholm.
- The Ingmar Bergman Archives.
- Doris Rönnqvist, Mrs Lyders (The Golden Chariot)
- Inga Nicklasson, Petrine (The Golden Chariot)
- Curt Edgard, William Beck (The Golden Chariot)
- Cai Winter, Colonel Toll (The Hangman)
- Barbro Hiort af Ornäs, Maria (The Hangman)
- Axel E. Bentzonich , Author "The Hangman"
- Runar Schildt, Author "The Golden Chariot"
- Ingmar Bergman, Director