Novella in which, in Bergman’s words, “…a psychotic mother murders her son’s fiancée in a secluded luxury apartment on Östermalm, filled with plush furniture and draperies.”
From the text
I think it’s time for a bit of coffee, says the mother.
- I’ve already prepared the everything.
- Have you? How sweet of you. Come, let me give you a kiss.
- You’ve put on lipstick.
- You don’t like it when I do that.
- You know that I don’t.
- You think I’m too old for it.
- I think you’re prettier without it.
- Oh, don’t be so quarrelsome… A hug then, at the very least? Dearest.
- No. Leave me be.
71 sheets ; 18 x 23 cm
Handwritten script. Undated. No title page.
40 sheets; 29 x 22 cm
Typewritten script. Carbon copy in binder. Dated: Gimo 4.7.1943. No title page.