'If Ingmar Bergman wished to pass some sort of director's exam upon leaving Helsingborg, he has succeeded.'Herbert Grevenius, Stockholms-Tidningen
About the production
This staged play had recently been written by Björn-Erik Höijer, and as with Rabies it was also released as a radio play.
In the programme note Bergman wrote Farewell Interview, the first of many faked interviews he staged with himself throughout the years. The subject matter deals with an ironic yet cheery farewell to Helsingborg.
Bergman left Helsingborg in March 1946 and immediately thereafter shot the film It Rains on Our Love. In the autumn he began his next theatre contract at Gothenburg City Theatre.
The radio theatre's production was unfortunately not saved.
- The Ingmar Bergman Archives.
- Dagny Lind, Karin
- Carin Cederström, Genoveva
- Birger Malmsten, Elon
- Sture Ericsson, Doctor Berg
- Bertil Sjödin
- Gunnar Nielsen, Krantzén, Lawyer
- Ulf Johansson
- Annika Tretow, Mrs Mark
- Otto Landahl, Mark
- Åke Fridell, Reverend From
- Marianne Nielsen, Sister Birgitte
- Siv Thulin , (Unknown part)
- Maud Hyttenberg, (Unknown part)
- Björn-Erik Höijer, Author
- Karl-Henrik Edström, Music
- Ingmar Bergman, Radio adaptation
- Gunnar Lindblad, Designer
- Siv Thulin