Yvonne, Princess of Burgundy (Prinzessin von Burgund)
'A chilling, comical interpretation of human vanity in its most bitter form...'Dietmar N Schmidt, Frankfurter Rundschau
Reviews and comments
Through his previous Munich productions, Bergman had established himself as a psychological stage realist. It was a professional persona considered a bit conventional; in the words of Gerhard Pörtl, 'the man from Sweden has not seemed eccentric enough'. Bergman's staging of Yvonne...was however more of 'a bravura staging'; in fact, several critics termed the Gombrowiez production Bergman's best work in Munich, with excellent instruction of the actors.
- The Ingmar Bergman Archives.
- Birgitta Steene, Ingmar Bergman: A Reference Guide, (Amsterdam University Press, 2005).
- Andrea-Maria Wildner, Yvonne
- Klaus Guth, King Ignacy
- Gaby Dohm, Queen Margareta
- Robert Atzorn, Prince Filip
- Hans Zander
- Rita Russek, Iza
- Erich Hallhuber, Cyril
- Ingmar Bergman, Director
- Heino Hallhuber, Choreography
- Johannes Kaetzler, Assistant director
- Gunilla Palmstierna-Weiss, Designer
- Heidi Scherer, Prompter
- Heinrich Kunstmann, Translation
- Reinhard Hempelt , Stage manager
- Rudolf G. Knabl, Music
- Witold Gombrowicz, Author