The script was written by Hjalmar Bergman and dramatized for the radio by Herbert Grevenius.
About the production
A romantic comedy about artistry and the great singer who, after 10 years of silence, is convinced to sing again. The old songstress and Royal Dramatic Theatre star Märta Ekström made her comeback in the leading role. Bergman was praised for the musicality in his direction, but the play was otherwise met with mixed reviews.
There are no preserved recordings.
- The Ingmar Bergman Archives.
- Märta Ekström , Renée Lodolezzi
- Stig Järrel, Furst Bennichten
- Lasse Sarri, Hanno
- Gunnar Sjöberg, His royal highness
- Toivo Pawlo, Doctor Isac
- Sture Ericson, The unknown
- Einar Axelsson , Doctor Clauss
- Gull Natorp , The baronessa
- Ivar Wahlgren, The aide-de-camp
- Åke Engfeldt, The head waiter
- Willie Sjöberg, The accountant
- Gösta Ericsson, A lackey
- Hjalmar Bergman, Author
- Wilhelm Stenhammar, Music
- Herbert Grevenius, Radio adaptation
- Ingmar Bergman, Director