About the production
Certain key assessments of Ingmar Bergman's directorial style and approach now began to crystallize in the local reviews, which reffered to his 'inventiveness' and 'shocking unconventionality'.
In a programme note Bergman thanked the public for its 'patience with our youth, indulgence vis-à-vis our capers and recognition of our good will and our genuine intent'.
- The Ingmar Bergman Archives.
- Birgitta Steene, Ingmar Bergman: A Reference Guide, (Amsterdam University Press, 2005).
- Bernt Callenbo, Olle, the Consul's son
- Carin Cederström, Gun, Lecturer's mistress
- Curt Edgard, The Fellow Human Being
- Ulf Johanson, The Consul
- Otto Landahl, The Lecturer, Marianne's father
- Dagny Lind, The Ex-wife
- Ingrid Luterkort, The Assistant
- Siv Thulin , Marianne
- Sune Bergström, Author
- Ingmar Bergman, Director
- Gunnar Lindblad, Designer