There Are Crimes and Crimes
'Wizardry on very little means!'Urban Stenström, Svenska Dagbladet
About the production
Röster i Radio (Voices on Radio) presented There Are Crimes and Crimes as 'a play primarily dealing with young adults, something that often fails when played by aged actors on stage. What makes this presentation great is that the roles are played by a young ensemble.' In the same article, Director Bergman wrote about why he connnected with this play: 'such a fresh breeze blows through it'.
- The Ingmar Bergman Archives.
- Röster i Radio No. 4/1952, page 9.
- Anders Ek, Maurice, playwright
- Doris Svedlund, Jeanne, friend of Maurice
- Margareta Nisborg, Marion, their daughter, aged five
- Ulf Johanson, Adolphe, painter and artist
- Gertrud Fridh, Henriette, friend of Adolphe
- Märta Arbin, Madame Cathrine
- Åke Claesson, Abbé
- Henrik Schildt, Superintendent
- Erik Strandell, Park keeper
- Gösta Prüzelius, Detective
- August Strindberg, Author
- Ingmar Bergman, Director